Sunday, September 23, 2007

Stop And Smell The Roses


And that was what I exactly did this morning as I walked on the pebble path leading to my office. It's something that I have not done for ages. I just can't remember the last time I touched a full bloom rose still wet with the morning dew. I even plucked one of them, and amazingly it lifts up my spirit this morning, I've been grumpy when Uzey woke me up :-)

Ironically that's how life works. We are too busy with too many things that we sometimes tend to overlook the little things in life. In my case, being too occupied with work though I'm supposed to be happy I have only 3 more days before I start my long leave. Yes, THREE!! I should be celebrating the fact that I do not have to be in the office for 60+ days!!! Hahahahaha now I'm happy :p

And baby is due in 14 days (or less). I hope he will come out few days earlier as I look like I'm about to pop out any moment now.

Ilham, on the other hand, is busy playing big brother to his li'l teddy bear. I hope when the new baby comes along he treats his brother as nice as he treats his bear. Though I've seen him making the bear fly like an aeroplane. He sniffs his bear's bottom and mentioned something about diaper change, he asks whether his bear wants to eat or sleep and last nite he makes the bear sit and he read him a story book.

He is also busy being curious, he wants to know everything, every colour, every movement, everything that we talk about. But he still doesn't want to eat! How I wish he would eat like any other toddlers his age.

I am still fasting, it's quite a surprise for someone whose tummy growls before 8 am before the fasting month. But this time around I really force myself to wake up and eat properly for sahur, I guess that's how I survived.

I won't be blogging at home due to technical reasons so let me be the first one to wish you Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, Maaf Zahir Batin!! My hari raya will come earlier than yours this year, and the baby makes a perfect raya gift for Uzey & my parents.. and definitely for myself.

Please pray for me, I hope to have a safe, speedy delivery. Still contemplating whether I should go for epidural or not as Fazie made epidural sounds so enticing..hehehe...

Over & Out

11 comments:

fara / ly-d said...

izy, all the best - hopefully all goes well !!

miss-cream said...

izy - go for epidural - it's the best! but if you've done without it with ilham, i'm sure this time will be easier..

anyway, all the best and keep us updated! xxx

The Momster said...

izy,
selamat hari raya to u too...
take care and yes, keep us updated!!

iZy said...

thank you guys for the well wishes!

stargazer said...

oh nooo.. adakah aku yg bersalah?? IF the pain is bearable, go without epi jela weh.. aku serik sbb deliver nazhan dulu dah takde energy time nak push - the pain was so ^#!@(^! nak putus nyawa. but whatever u decide, i'm sure everything will go fine.. we'll be praying for u. :)

Anonymous said...

Have a safe and speedy delivery!! Selamat hari raya!! Take care!!xx

amiza said...

izy..my du'a is with u.
Have a safe delivery.

Salam Syawal...

Enn said...

ajust for info, izy dah selamat deliver baby boy 3.62 kg at 830 AM this morning in kelantan. congrats to the whole bunch izy! the looong awaited one finally decided to come out! hehe

Anonymous said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98986425@N00/

Anonymous said...

congrats izy! selamat hari raya & maaf zahir batin.

zizie

AppleCrux said...

congrats Izy! Happy Eid Mubarak with your new bundle of joy
-ida.z