Sunday, April 15, 2007

Back from Hiatus

There are so many things in my mind right now, so many things to write about, but I guess I should start slow, as I have been abandoning this blog for quite a long time. I think I should blame (by order of preference)
1) Myself- for forgetting the new p/word after switching to the new version. what Version??
2) Internet connection- or lack of it (in office)
3) Pure laziness- to login at home after office hours

Ilham is now 22 months' old, banyak sangat cakap, and he likes to listen to people's talking. He can actually 'menyampuk' in the conversation in his own way. He can give me reasons, he actually give me directions and commands. Yes, commands. I can't lie down on my back while rocking his cradle. I HAVE to sit down properly, and yes, I can't even CLOSE my eyes! He will call me everytime I doze off to sleep while rocking him. Gosh. He even wakes his Nenek up everytime she started to doze off in the car if we are traveling together.

He tells me when he 'eyak'. He knows his right and left slipper, but keeps wearing 'em on the wrong side. He demands for things, and can follow instructions, buang pampers dalam dustbin, ambik spek nenek, kemas bantal etc etc. And he is finally weaned (from the breast!)

At first I thought weaning is him is the toughest thing to do, but it was not! Well, it was even harder for me, I guess..listening to him 'begging' for shushu mama. I always gave him several options, susu kotak, susu botol, or Ribena? And his answer is always shushu mama. sigh...

I'm still in the process of getting him to sleep with me (without sticking to my chest) and so far 3 out of berpuluh2 attempts have been succesful. We slept hugging each other and every moment I'm reminded how blessed I am to have Ilham in my life.

3 comments:

miss-cream said...

at last.. you're back! great to hear from you and about ilham. gosh i can imagine how tough the weaning process (still) is for you! heart-breaking, for sure. never mind, time for the next one!

fara / ly-d said...

glad to see you're back... ingatkan dah tenggelam dek kejer...

The Momster said...

hi izy!!