Thursday, April 19, 2007

Of Everything Else Around Us


The books that I ordered few days back have safely arrived yesterday. One of 'em is M1tch alb0m's new book, F0r 1 M0re Day, which I'm almost done with! I think those people at M*PH are doing a great job. I made the online order only 2 days before! I've had experiences with other online stores before and M*PH is the fastest, so far. Thus, I woke up early this morning, to continue reading but after few moments, I put the book down, and thought to myself, why should I be reading a book when my baby is sleeping next to me. I'd better savour every moment hugging and looking at him, as I don't get that chance everyday..

Ilham talks in his sleep. That's not new, I'm sure he inherits it from me. And I inherit it from my mom. But this morning, in his sleep, he mumbled 'shushu mama'. That really broke my heart. But again, have to be strong, if not for him , for myself and even for the baby I'm carrying.
Anyhow, we'll be in Ktn tomorrow morning to have an appointment with a specialist, just to see how is she (I hope) doing. :-)

Ilham surprises me. In a lot of ways. Sometimes I think he acts and speaks and thinks like a 3 year old toddler. And he is not even 2 yet. Last 2 days, bibik told me, Ilham grabbed his Winky bag and a book, went out, put on his slippers and said "aik bash" I mean like.. where did he get the idea that he could ride a bus, but he needs to take his bag and book along? All newly learned words will be repeated to himself before he falls asleep, like the other day when he followed Uzey to the workshop to repair his car, that nite he repeated so many times.. "car papa rocak, workCHOP" until we both fell asleep. I have always wanted him to speak fully in English but I guess it's quite impossible since everyone else here speaks Malay with him. And definitely Bibik pun cakap melayu la kan.. infact duck is now bebek to Ilham. Oh well...

Uzey will be arriving anytime now. So I should I get moving. Planned to prepare soto ayam today, got all the ingredients ready, but me being the greatest procrastinator on earth, I'll be in the kitchen in 5 mins time. Yeah 5..

Have a good weekend peeps!



2 comments:

miss-cream said...

did i hear you right? "the baby i'm carrying" ???

CONGRATS IZY!! and all the best for a smooth-sailing pregnancy..

xxx

iZy said...

thanks sha2 dear. Hope everything goes well (and less painful this time around..) :-)