Monday, July 16, 2007

The Uncivilized Civilization

Have you ever noticed that the ones who give up their seats for a pregnant lady are those who look ordinary, with sneakers, iPods, carrying a knapsack and playing games on their mobile phones. And those who AVOID looking back at a pregnant ladies are those with neck ties, expensive PDAs, shiny shoes, well ironed trousers and shirt complete with cufflinks?

I think that sucks. Seriously. I ride on ERL and LRT everytime I have things to do in the HQ and every time I exeperience the same thing. I mean, hello... pakai je smart2 but sooooooo lah tak de manners. The other day, I was boarding a full coach of ERL Tran$it and a very nice lady was offering her seat to me, and I declined. You know why? Because I was hanging on to my dear life IN FRONT of a MAN who looked so Professional but kept avoiding my eyes and definitely tried very hard to avoid looking at my big bump! I almost lost my gravity when he finally offered me his seat, tu pun I guess becos we were approaching the next station, his stop.

My next trick is that, every time I see this kind of people, I will try to make facial expression like I'm about to give birth.

I'm sure that works. Don't u think so?

6 comments:

fara / ly-d said...

izy... senang citer.. ko terus tegur dia demand the seat.. that was what i did.. muahahha

Anonymous said...

gosok2 perut la, more effective hehehe.

or just whip out a digicam, aim & shoot.

haha

Anonymous said...

could it be that although we'd really like to give up the seat fr u, we are dead tired ourselves.. ?

Enn said...

kalu aku kan, tetibe "eh terduduk lak. ada org rupenya. igtkan mmg hiasan."
apalah penat org nk dibandingkan ngan carrying 10kilos(issit more?) of extra weight around ur tummy? cuba try tgk bawak beras 10 kilo n berdiri all thru the journey.(the trick is, u cant hold to ur beras!)

iZy said...

erm pakcik anonymous kita ni cam terasa la pulak eh. i hope i will never ever ride the same lrt with you. kalau tak i'll be cursing under my breath all the way just by looking at your dead tired face and droopy eyes. kesian penat...

Anonymous said...

nak compare letih dgn pregnant ke?

shame on you, anonymous...tsk tsk tsk.


hihihi emo!