I've planned to write something on Ihsan's birth since last 2 months but couldn't find time/ ideas on how to start. But I guess the title summarizes the whole story. Ihsan arrived one day later than the EDD. And no epidural. On Oct 8, in chronological order: 11am-reached hospital 12noon-given a pill to help trigger contraction. Felt nothing.Checked in to the room, bored to death. Requested to go home, the Dr said no.Still no sign. Reminded the Dr on my epidural thingy 5pm- given another pill to speedy things up. Still no sign. Was still eating like a pig though everybody else was fasting :-p. Gynae said I will be done by 9pm, but no, she was oh, so wrong! 9pm- felt a mild contraction but it's on and off. Still no sign. everything was still normal. But I requested for Uzey to perform Terawih prayer in the room instead of going to the mosque, mana tau nak terberanak pulak :-). Still no sign. Slept through the nite and both of us were wondering why I was in no pain, yet. 4am- Woke Uzey up, I thought that the baby's movement was not much. 5am- Nurse cam and did CTG, baby was fine. I was not in pain. Given another pill to speed up delivery. Why oh why wasn't I reacting to the pills?? Gynae told me to be ready by 9am. By hook or by crook she will MAKE me deliver. 6am- Now I felt the sharpness on my back, it's time! Finally! Prepared myself, brushed my teeth and washed my face, did not manage to take a shower, afraid I would scream in the bathroom :-) 7am- Nurse came and wheeled me to the labour room.Gynae & his anaesthetist husband have yet to arrive. Was 5cm dilated. 7.30am- Was already 8 cm dilated. Gynae arrived. Too late to have an epidural. 8.30am- After 3 big, horrendous pushes, Umair Ihsan was out of my womb. Well, the moral of the story is, NEVER, EVER let you anaesthetist to be your gynae's husband, or the other way round, unless they come to work driving separate cars! Because the husband was late, I could'n get my epi, thus the title. I wanted to pursue it so badly I kept asking the nurse where's the doctor? Have they arrived? Where's my epidural? Furthermore, Ihsan was not small, you see :-). But Alhamdulillah everything went perfectly, even the pushes! (this time takde push and masuk balik..haha) I'm leaving you with a clip taken few minutes after Ihsan was born and cleaned up. But excuse the sound, I have no idea what went wrong during the filming..chewah! But one thing I know, even when you are in the most excruciating pain, nothing comforts you better than holding your husband's hand. Love u, babe!
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
No Epi??..hah..gold medal for you!!
Post a Comment