Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Playing Maid



Weekend felt like a vacation! Went to the beach 2 days in a row to play kite with Ilham and took him swimming at Awan@ on Saturday.

Had my first taste of being a maid last Sunday.
Maybe with some exceptions; the maid didn’t finish Shopaholic and Baby in one sitting, and maid does dirty dishes and laundry , I did not.

But I’m now able to understand my kids better ; Ilham is a full-time clown, providing free entertainment to Ihsan. He jumps, he dances and sings and Ihsan looks so amazed with Am’s skills (or lack of it) and his round eyes were fixed on Am, in a way macam nak cakap “nyanyilah lagi Am”. And with 4 soiled nappies, well, I never knew siblings poo one after another. They take turn, they really do.

The last time I had my hands full with both of them was during my end of 3 month break, and at that time Chan was still an immobile baby, able only to wave his hands. Now he’s everywhere! I can’t put him in the playpen coz the space is too limited and he will protest. When put him on the ‘toto’ in front of the TV , he keeps licking the seam of the toto. If I put him on the tilam he will try to reach for the floor. If I put him in his chair he will squeeze himself out of it. If I put him on my lap while net surfing he will wrestle with me. Last nite he pulled out my Page Down key and benda tu tercabut.

When Uzey finally reached home, I looked like a desperate starving housewife. Kebulur coz I only managed to gulp down a mug of cold Milo and 1 piece of bread cicah sup. Luckily I had some left over soup from the weekend.

Kepada semua bibik2 di luar sana (fazie, in case bibik kau layan blog haha), teruskan kerja anda yang mulia itu (provided you are really into it) dan jagalah anak-anak majikan anda dengan sepenuh hati. Me? Given any day I will never be a stay at home mom (kalau anak satu, maybe… kalau 2… I’ll think about it) tee..hee…

Updates on Ichan:

Started solid last week. Blended rice porridge works fine with him and tak trigger his eczema. Rice + brocolli is his fav, though he had rashes first time trying the new menu a.k.a. nasik ijau as Am calls it.

Have a good weekend people!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi izy!imagine having that situation EVERYDAY!!Since aku jadi SAHM ni I look forward the time when hubby comes home from work..hubby takes over to take care of abang hariz..-Jaja

iZy said...

hi jaja!
i salute u and all SAHM out there!you guys are amazing!!