Sunday, September 10, 2006

KK Trip

Our journey started at 0615 hrs on Friday morning. Ilham slept all the way until reached Miri at 0830 hrs and went to the airport earlier since we've never flew from Miri airport before. Ilham, as usual, was having fun walking around the airport and penat giler nak kejar dia. He actually went to this mat saleh couple who were eating ice cream and senyum2 kat couple tu, hoping that they will offer him kot.. and he actually said 'Bye!' and waved his hand when I went to get him out of their way. The flight was smooth, and short! Ilham only managed to catch a 30 mins nap and opened his eyes the moment we landed at KK airport. My parents and bro arrived almost 3 hrs earlier than us, so they checked in to the hotel first. We were so excited, and it was a surprise to see that the hotel was located right infront of the market area, which was my mom's only target. I knew she will be really happy about it. When I was there 3 years ago, I don't remember seeing any building at the Meridien's location. And the room, my goodness! It was double the size of Meridien KL's deluxe! I was imagining that the room is as small, but it turned out that 10 adults pun boleh muat in that room! and plus the fact that our room faces the main road, the waterfront, and we can actually see the swimming pool from upstairs. The RM500+ for 2 nites that we spent was worth it, coz the look on my parents face were priceless, esp mama who actually made SIX trips to the market to buy lots and lots of souvenirs! Food was ample, and fresh some more. Uzey & Imi went island hopping & snorkelling the next day, I only managed to go to the market once after they came back. Got myself a nice pink pearl pendant and black pearl bracelet and they were dirt cheap.The only thing that spoilt the vacation was the AA terminal 2, which was terrible! Bangang betul when the check in counter is next to a construction area, dusty, hot, crowded place. Dahle ramai orang in the departure hall. But again, for RM4.99 tickets, I should not complain much, should I?

Reached Miri at 12 noon, had lunch at my father's friend place and reached home at 4 pm. Perjalanan yang memuaskan, tapi lain kali tak nak pegi lagi ah. I had enuff of KK. So, next destination is Hanoi, insyaAllah..

~over & out

No comments: