Friday, June 23, 2006

One year has passed..

I was flipping through Ilham’s album last night, and suddenly it dawns on me that he has grown up a lot , though he just passed 2 days after his first birthday. Fortunately we remembered to capture his first moments after his birth, though most of the photos only dated 21/06, less than 24 hrs after he was born.

The one that brought tears to my eyes was the picture where I was holding him in my arms, on my hospital bed, and he was looking at me and I smiled down at him. I felt blessed, contented and complete, and I still am now.

But the truth is, just flipping thru the album makes me wanna cry. I still can feel the excitement, the pain, the blood (tak tengok pun but I’m sure there were ‘pails’ of them) , the anxious faces outside the labour room, everyone and everything that happened on that memorable night.
I remembered saying "Alhamdulillah" loudly when Dr Zana put him on my tummy. And I remembered saying to Uzey "muka macam I! Muka dia macam I! " but.. Well.. He actually turns up to look more like his dad. Wishful thinking betul time2 tengah high cam tu.

No matter what, for every second that Ilham is with us, I will never trade it with anything else, coz the past 1 year with Ilham has been priceless.

Thank you Umair Ilham, for bringing such joy to us, especially to me, Papa & Nenek.. Everything we did and we still do now is for you, now, tomorrow ..and for the rest of our lives...

No comments: