Monday, July 10, 2006

So husband u keje ape?

I hate this question, but what I hate even more, is the word househusband. It makes me look like I’m treating my husband as a slave, it sounds ‘uncool’ and I feel bad just by hearing the word. I prefer the term stay-at-home-dad, infact when people ask me what my husband does for a living, I’d say "Oh, he is a stay-at-home-dad’ .

We even bought a book on SAHD and it’s very good. The idea has been in the West for so long and I guess the writer, Mr Peter something is brilliant to make the ‘profession’ sounds interesting and cool. It IS a profession, isn’t it? Coz for me, given a choice, I’d rather not be a SAHM.

Sorry Ilham, but Mama needs to go to work to get $$ so that I can buy you nice things :-)

15th Sept ni, genaplah 2 tahun Uzey jadi SAHD. I mean, dad for 1 year + and he is a pro at it. Compared to me, he is much better when it comes to Ilham. But, well, no, I am not ashamed having him to stay at home while I go to work. I feel proud and blessed coz my baby is well taken care of. They read books together, watch Barney together, play & learn non-stop and Ilham is in the best hands when I go to work. Sapa tak happy? I don’t have to think about accidents at the daycare, tak payah risau pasal HFMD, tak payah risau kalau kena balik lambat and childminder tinggal Ilham sorang2, tak payah risau pasal kena dera, coz Uzey gives his 110% to Ilham.

It’s just that, sometimes we think of ... Well..things, money-wise. I feel bad Uzey can’t pursue his dreams, he can’t be in the career that he loves so much, he has to be stucked at home waiting for D-Day when my boss says "Okay , I’ll release you, please find a place in another OPU" which is like... Helllooo.... Macam mimpi je la kan, given my condition now dengan b*ss yang cam t********t tu....

Ilham, when you grow up, and you join your friend’s conversation on "bibik, nanny, pengasuh, maid, kakak, orang gaji, whatsoever" you can proudly say "I WAS TAKEN CARE BY MY OWN DAD SINCE I WAS 1 DAY OLD UNTIL (fill in the blank) " hopefully u can say until 1 ½ year ke.. 2 years ke... And you must be proud of that okay. Coz nothing can ever replace Papa’s love for you..

You should be thankful coz he willingly offered himself to take care of you and you must know that he received a job offer on the 3rd day after you were born & you were still hospitalized, but he rejected the offer coz you are the only thing that matter to him. You are one lucky baby, sayang, coz whatever he does, he always think of you, he misses you so much when you are not around, he treats you to so many nice things, he takes you (and Mama jugaklah) to nice places, he keeps up with you when you are very lasak, climbing non-stop etc, he worries about you when you didn’t wanna eat, smile, when you cry, he even sembahyang hajat everytime he feels you are not feeling well...

After all, Ilham, we love you and you are the luckiest son in the world.

No comments: